Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake

Last night I made gluten free pound cake (using the recipe I found here). The recipe called for a bundt pan, but I don't have one, so I used a bread pan and the 6 mini springform pans I found at Target at the after Easter sale.
Cute little pans

The texture wasn't quite the same as regular pound cake, but it still tasted good.

Yum!

Mr. S made the comment that these springform pans would be good for making hamburger buns too- they're just the right size. And I can make cheesecake in them. And little birthday cakes. And brownies. So many options. At half off, I think I made a good investment.

I didn't find anything else at Target at the after Easter sales, but that's because I wasn't in the market for leftover candy, Easter baskets or stuffed animals. I wasn't even sure the pans were half off, but they were in the Easter section, so I did a price check and sure enough, they were half off. I had similar luck after Valentine's day- finding baking stuff half off. Guess you never can tell what you'll find.

No comments:

Post a Comment