Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Boxes and Boxes of Stuff

I just noticed it's been more than a week since I last posted.

a fraction of our many boxes

I've been busy sorting and then listing stuff on craigslist, and getting ready to list other things on ebay. It's definitely a process, and one that's taking longer than I would like, but I'm getting rid of clutter and making money from it. I'm trying not to overwhelm myself by trying to do too much at one time, but it does slow things down. However, if I wasn't going this slow it would be much more difficult to decide what to get rid of and I'd end up keeping too much stuff.

As I unpacked, the stuff that didn't have an immediate use/place to go got dumped in the library/guest room. It ended up very full of stuff. I've worked my way through most of it now, and am looking forward to finishing it.

Once I get rid of the things I listed on craigslist (and that are currently sitting in the front room and the play/craft room and library/guest room) we'll have room for the furniture that we're building.

Once the furniture is built I can organize the stuff we kept.

Once I feel organized, I can think about actually decorating. I've never really decorated any of the places we've lived- they were all rentals and our budget was way too tight to buy extras like decorations. We're still in a rental and we still have a tight budget, but I do at least have some creative juices back. Being gluten free has made a huge difference in the state of my brain- not having a perma-fog brain makes a huge difference in so many areas of my life- more creativity, more able to handle stress, more able to get things done.

I've already started a list of things I want to do, but I'm making myself wait till I get the sorting and purging done: further incentive to get it done quickly. I can't wait to get started making our house look like a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment