Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Frugal Crafting: Twine Letters


The S that is featured on this blog is a wood letter that I bought at JoAnn's and covered with twine.

I saw a similar project here, and figured it wouldn't be too difficult to replicate. In theory it wasn't, but in actuality it was. An "S" is a lot harder to wrap than a "T", let me tell you. I eventually figured out a way to do it so it still looked nice.

It wasn't till I was looking at the picture on my computer that I noticed something off. Anyone else see it? I truly didn't realize it till then, either. Not while I was working on it, not while I was taking the picture...
Anyway, the other side looks like this:
Not nearly as nice and even, and it looked a lot worse in person.

So I put it away for a week or so while I gathered up the energy to rip it apart and redo it. Then one evening I sat down, turned on a movie, pulled off the offending twine, and re-did my 'S'. And I'm glad I did. I can look at it without cringing now and my OCD feels so much better. I also really like how the pattern in the twine turned out.

The letter cost about $2 at JoAnn
The twine was another $2 or so at wally world, and there was enough on the roll for me to fix the mistakes from the first time around.
I already had the hot glue
So, about $4 all together
(This is one of the projects from my other blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment