Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Headaches

Since moving here, I've been having more headaches and migraines- a lot more. I used to get them a lot when we lived in Ohio when I was a teenager, but then I moved west for school and stayed there for the last 15+ years and I didn't have as many headaches. We've only been here two and a half months, and the headaches are back with a vengeance. Painkillers don't work, so I finally decided to go to Mr S's chiropractor.

He took some x-rays, and my second cervical vertebrae is tweaked. He showed me a normally aligned neck, and then showed me mine, and wow! My neck is out of line front-to-back and left-to-right. He asked if I'd ever been in a car accident, and I said no.

I've been thinking about it since then, trying to remember anything I could have done to tweak my neck that badly. I know I have a bad memory (years of fuzzy brain makes for years of fuzzy memories), but I was fairly certain I'd remember something that traumatic.

I finally remembered that when I was 14 I was hit by a car. I was running along the side of the road, and the side mirror on a big bracket on a van hit me in the shoulder. It spun me around on impact, but I didn't have any broken bones. The van was going 60 or 65 mph, so I'm really lucky blessed that I only had nerve damage in my shoulder (though it took a few pain-filled years to figure that out) and nothing worse happened.

Or maybe not. Maybe all these years of headaches are the result of that accident. Hard to know for sure after all these years.

I put off going to the chiropractor because our insurance won't pay for it, but we learned that our chiropractor is willing to work with us on how much and when we pay. Because we're cash customers we pay a discounted rate, and they're allowing us to take an extra month or so to pay the bill.

If I'd known all this, I would have gone to the chiropractor years ago! Headaches suck and I'm definitely enjoying having fewer headaches.

If you need to go to the chiropractor, don't be afraid to ask about payment plans.

Don't forget to visit my other blog on Monday to enter my giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment