Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

U-Pick Strawberries


There's nothing like the taste of a freshly picked strawberry. Yum!

Saturday we went to a local u-pick farm and picked about 22 pounds of strawberries. As I paid for them, I realized that I could have bought them for a lot cheaper at the grocery store. This got me thinking about the trade-off between lowest cost and locally grown. Locally grown isn't necessarily cheaper, but it is the greener option.

While we did spend more, we also had the satisfaction of picking our own produce. Since we picked it, we know exactly where it was grown- not across the country in California and not in another country.

Was it a money saver? No. 

Do I think it was worth it? Yes.
Lots of strawberries for our green smoothies!

No comments:

Post a Comment