Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Glass Straws for Our Green Smoothies

It's way more fun drinking a green smoothie with a cool glass straw. I did some research and we ended up buying four Glass Dharma glass straws with the little colored bumps and a cleaning tool on ebay. (The little colored bumps keep the straws from rolling away.)

They aren't super cheap, but I think it's better to buy once, wash, and reuse glass straws, than to keep buying and throwing away plastic straws. We bought wide straws and they're great for smoothies- much better than super skinny plastic straws. I read reviews about the straws and everyone agreed that the glass straws don't break very easily, and if they do, Glass Dharma will replace them.

Broken glass is not something I wanted to deal with, so I also looked into stainless steel straws. However, someone brought up the point that you can't see inside them to make sure they're clean. Ewww! I'll risk broken glass rather than have green fuzzies possibly growing in my straw. At least with glass straws what you see is what you get.

LMS has been thoroughly instructed on the proper handling procedures of the straws, and hopefully there won't be any unfortunate accidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment