Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A new project to work on

I haven't gotten as much accomplished lately as I'd like to due to some gluten problems. I finally figured it out last night (some contaminated vitamins) and stopped taking them. I'm feeling better today, and will hopefully be back to normal soon.

I did buy my first piece of project furniture last night. I got a great deal on an old chair that I'm going to reupholster. It'll end up either in LMS's room or our library/guest room. I haven't made a decision yet. LMS's bed is quite massive, so I think I'll probably need a taller chair to balance it out better. I found one on craigslist that I think would fit the bill, but am waiting for more info. Hopefully it works out.
It's not pretty, which is why I'll be reupholstering it, but it seems solid, and I like the woodwork. Right now it's airing out on our screened-in back porch: the previous owners sprayed it with Fabreze. Yuck! Because of my chemical sensitivities, I can't abide the smell of that stuff- it gives me an instant headache.

Once I have both chairs, I'll figure out what fabrics to use for each. I have some fabric that might work for the chair for LMS's room, but I'm not sure if I have enough. I've found several reupholstering tutorials lately, so I feel confident that I can do this and am looking forward to learning new skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment