Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Frugal Crafting: Fabric Wallet for Cash Envelopes

I saw this post, which inspired me to make my own fabric wallet. I decided if I was going to make a wallet, I should make it how I wanted it. So I put more slots for cards- I wanted room for IDs, library cards, club cards, debit card, and so on. Instead of a pocket for cash, I used the pocket to hold the card stock attached to the cash envelopes I made.

the card pocket section

upholstery microfiber(?) fabric I used for the outside

the outside, laying flat. the seams weren't as straight as I'd like (too many layers), so I'm hand sewing some ribbon to the outside to cover them

cardstock sliding into its pocket behind the card pockets

all put together- patterned purple fabric for the card pockets, dark purple corduroy for the backing

folded in half

my lovely hand holding the flap down

the ribbon for the trim and the buttons and hair ties to hold the flap down

Costs:
Purple pattern fabric- been sitting in my stash for awhile
Purple corduroy fabric- also been sitting in my stash for awhile
Tan upholsery fabric- bought 1/2  yard at JoAnns for 60% off- paid $2.80, but used only about 1/4 of it, so about $.70
Purple ribbon- $1.99 for the roll, but I won't use it all- probably 1/4 of it, so about $.50
Buttons-$1.58
Purple Thread- borrowed from my mom
Total: $2.78

No comments:

Post a Comment