Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Frugal Crafting: Cash Envelopes

I found some paper envelopes here, but since I made a fabric wallet to put them, rather than buying one, I made my own templates to fit the wallet I made. I followed her lead in putting them together- I definitely like the idea of the piece of cardstock that slips into the wallet to hold the envelopes in place.

template on top, unfolded envelopes beneath

folded envelopes

I used a glue runner to stick the envelopes shut

the finished envelopes

I punched holes in the bottom of the envelopes and in a piece of cardstock that will hold the envelopes into the wallet

I used some ribbon to lace the envelopes to the cardstock

Costs:
Paper: a friend had some left over from another project and gave it to me
Ribbon: given to me with a bunch of other sewing stuff by my BIL- he'd been storing it since his mother died 15 years ago, and he finally sorted through it all last year
Crop-o-dile: Christmas present from my SIL!
Glue runner: already had from multiple other projects
Total: $0

No comments:

Post a Comment