Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Refurbished ottoman

I've been working on various projects for LMS's room. This one is an ottoman to go with the lavender chair I finished earlier.
I was going to build an ottoman, but when I found one for $2.55 at a thrift store, I couldn't pass it up. I couldn't build an ottoman for that cheap!
I used foam leftover from another project. I did have to piece it together, but it works fine.
I covered it all with batting I bought on sale.

I sewed a simple cover with fabric I bought on sale at JoAnns.
I used some ribbon I had on hand to trim the top edge, then stapled it all down.

The fabric was the most expensive part of this project, but even so, I only spent about $10 on the whole thing.

I'll post some pictures of LMS's room in a couple days- I'm almost done with everything I have planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment