Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Name banner in LMS's room


The name banner in LMS's room originally looked like this:
However, I didn't like how it turned out. It was too....nursery-ish, if that makes sense. It didn't fit with the feel of the rest of the room, and the colors weren't quite right, either.

So I used some fabric, paint, and ribbon and made a different banner, and hung it on a different wall. I like the results much better.

1. I sewed some white fabric behind some lavender fabric (both were leftover from the headboard cover I used for the bolster).
2. I painted the backs of some chipboard letters (leftover from the first name banner) and used them to stamp the banner pieces.
3. I sewed a sleeve at the top of each triangle, then threaded some ribbon through it.
4. I knotted a loop on either end, glued some pretty flowers over the loops, and then tied some ribbons in between each triangle.
5. I hammered in some nails, then hung the loops over them.
All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment