Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Frugal Kleen Kanteen rehab

This is a project that didn't cost me much, but saved me a lot of money.
Original cost:
New lavender dot Kleen Kanteen bottle (from Pottery Barn Kids): $19.00
New lavender dot Kleen Kanteen with monogram (from PBK): $25.50

My cost:
$3.00 for the bottle
$0.50 for ribbon (guesstimate on how much the ribbon I used cost, since I didn't use the whole spool)
$0 for glue gun and hot glue that I already had
$4.15 for sports top on ebay

I will sell the loop top that came with bottle for $3.99 on ebay

Total cost for me:$7.65-$3.99=$3.66 for a bottle that goes for $19+. I think I did pretty good!
I posted this originally on my other blog back in October, and the hot glue has held up fine so far- the ribbon hasn't come off or even started pulling up.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the pottery-barn outlet has got to be awesome!! Are there any others? It looks like you can get some great deals.

    ReplyDelete