Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Yard Saleing

I rarely go to yard sales. Mostly I don't have the patience or the desire to run around town in search of great deals, but also because I try to only go shopping when I'm looking for specific things. If I'm "just looking" I might end up going home with things I don't really need or have space for but will try to find a use for, and I'd spend money I didn't need to be spending.

A couple weeks ago I went to a used curriculum sale in the parking lot of the local Sam's Club. I had a couple things I've been wanting to buy, but have put off for one reason or another, so I looked for them at the sale. It was actually a curriculum sale/yard sale, so not just school books.

My haul:
Rug pad: $2  (brand new, still in package)
Peter Pan DVD: $10 (excellent condition)
3 books: $2
Phonics game: $1
Teach your child to read: $2 (very good condition)
total spent: $17

I definitely got some good deals at this sale, but I also got the items from four different sellers- there was 15 or so families selling stuff, so it was super quick to walk around and find things we needed/wanted. I like big group sales- they're much more efficient :)

No comments:

Post a Comment